Services for Candidates
Campaign Finance Services has assisted candidates for city council, county commission, state legislator, congressional representative, attorney general and governor. Our services for candidates include:
- Committee Formation --We will assist you in forming your candidate committee by ensuring your initial Statement of Organization is fully and correctly completed and obtaining an Employer Identification Number from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Financial Procedures -- We will train your campaign staff in basic financial procedures so your campaign is properly collecting and maintaining records of all financial transactions.
- Compliance Education -- We will train your campaign staff in basic campaign finance law so your campaign is in compliance with all requirements and your committee is ready to raise and spend campaign funds.
- Financial Transaction Review -- We will review all of your contributions and expenditures to ensure they fully comply with the requirements of the Michigan Campaign Finance Act. If we encounter a problem, we will contact you to offer options for resolving it.
- Campaign Finance Reporting -- We have filed hundreds of campaign statements for our clients. Your reports will be fully compliant and filed on deadline. We have extensive experience working with Michigan's MERTS electronic filing system, the FECFile system used by federal candidates, and local electronic filing systems used in Michigan, including Wayne County's new electronic system. We are also experienced in working with comprehensive campaign software such as NGP VAN.
- Information and Advice -- We are available at all times to answer any questions that might arise regarding campaign finance law, and to provide counsel on fundraising techniques and strategy.
- Problem Resolution -- We will assist your campaign in responding to any compliance issues which may arise, including errors or omissions or late fees.
- Committee Dissolution – Once the campaign is over, or your term of office ends, we will assist you in dissolving your committee by ensuring that your final report is correctly prepared and any surplus funds are properly distributed.