Services for Ballot Question Committees
Campaign Finance Services has assisted ballot question committees (BQCs) for local and statewide ballot issues. Services for BQCs include:
- Committee Formation --We will assist you in forming your BQC by ensuring your initial Statement of Organization is fully and correctly completed and by obtaining an Employer Identification Number from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Financial Procedures -- We will train your BQC or organization staff in basic financial procedures so your BQC is properly collecting and maintaining records of all financial transactions.
- Compliance Education -- We will train your BQC or organization staff in basic campaign finance law so your BQC is in compliance with all requirements and is ready to raise and spend funds.
- Financial Transaction Review -- We will review all of your contributions and expenditures to ensure they fully comply with the requirements of the Michigan Campaign Finance Act. If we encounter a problem, we will contact you to offer options for resolving it.
- Campaign Finance Reporting -- We have filed hundreds of campaign statements for our clients. Your filings will be fully compliant and filed on deadline. We have extensive experience working with Michigan's MERTS electronic filing system and local electronic filing systems used in Michigan, including Wayne County's new electronic system.
- Information and Advice -- We are available at all times to answer any questions that might arise regarding campaign finance law, and to provide counsel on fundraising techniques and strategy.
- Committee Dissolution – If you decide to wind up and dissolve your BQC we can assist you in dissolving your committee by ensuring all final reports are in order and all surplus funds are properly distributed.